• Ensure that stores are carrying out the latest routines in accordance to with the latest Operations Manual.
• The store management and staff are fully trained in the latest routines and ensuring that the store managers are fully implementing all policies, processes, and procedures. All required health checks are being carried out and followed up with corrective action.
• The logbook process is being carried out with the prescribed reviews and follow up.
• Store KPI's are being reviewed to ensure targets are being achieved and action plans are developed to rectify issues.
• Perform spot checks on CCO policies and procedures implementation daily.
• Carry out monthly P&L reviews with the Store Team and ensure there is an action plan developed to address any issues and that the action plan is followed up.
• Ensure efficiency on labor cost and manpower budget.
• Receive monthly report of supplies and usage and apply measures to optimize cost.
• Monitor store performance on utility cost, ensuring that the stores follow the right procedures to save cost.
Food Safety Review:
• Ensure that the food safety policy is being fully implemented in all areas of the store.
• The QA audits are happening, the reports are being reviewed and there is an action plan in place to rectify any issues identified.
• Implements, monitors and ensures training takes place to achieve all targets
Health & Safety Review:
• Ensure that the company Health & Safety policy is being fully implemented across all areas.
• Ensure that the store is carrying out the health & safety store walk and meeting with appropriate following up of action points. (Checking fire exists, Fire extinguisher, Stacking in the backdoor. etc.)
Store Cleaning Review:
• Ensure the store cleaning plan is being implemented and that there is a high standard of hygiene across all areas of the store, from the yard and stockroom to the sales floor.
• Ensure that the cleaning review is being completed by the store manager and that an action plan is in place to rectify any issues.
• Cashiers, Department Staff, Overtime, Casual Etc
• To ensure implementation of ongoing Recruiting on the store level and manpower availability.
Provide individual feedback to store team:
• Receive reports (sales, NIS, availability…etc) monitor store section managers/supervisors’ performance in dealing with issues and help them solve it by taking it to a higher level if needed.
• Instruct and advise store team on how to overcome less than budgeted performance.
• Plan together with store team and come up with action plans to improve the performance of the store from all angles. (Sales, Store standards, Store KPIs, …)
• Ensure on-shelf availability by implementing controls and monitoring results providing regular feedback and guidance to store team
• Receive the various availability reports (KVIs, promo items, private label…etc) benchmark the performance against other stores and provide feedback to store team and advise/instruct store team to fix the ordering issues.
• Perform Planograms spot checks on a regular basis and take corrective action.
Ensure implementation of customer service standards:
• Supporting Store team in dealing with customer complaints and suggestions in resolving issues.
• Taking the ownership on following up personally on all customer complains/feedback
Panda was founded in 1978 as one of the most important organizations in the retail sector in Saudi Arabia. In 1994, Panda merged with Azizia Company then in late 1998 Azizia Panda United was acquired by Savola Group, one of the largest diversified conglomerates in MENA region, Azizia Panda United became the retail sector of Savola and started its journey to become the leading food retailer in the region. In 2008, This acquisition has aided Panda in its growth and expansion by having the largest market share in the Saudi retail sector. The first new format of Hypermarket was opened in Riyadh city in 2004. In 2006, Panda moved forward with its regional expansion by opening its first store in Dubai. In 2008, more numbers of stores were operating under the name of Panda when Savola Group acquired “Giant” supermarkets in Saudi Arabia and merged them with Panda. One year later in 2009, Panda has landed another great success by acquiring all Geant stores in the Kingdom of Saudi Arabia. In 2014 the company name was changed from Azizia Panda United to the Panda Retail Company. And another big step in the expansion plan was achieved when Panda opened it hypermarket in Egypt in the year of 2015. These big steps have raised Panda share in the retail sector from 7% to more than 8%. Today Panda is the largest food retailer in the Middle East owns more than 400 branch of panda Super, Panda Hyper and Pandati in Saudi Arabia & Egypt making it the largest retail company that offering its services to more than 400 million visitors annually.