Responsible for providing comprehensive nursing care utilizing the nursing process and meeting the established standard of nursing practice and performance. Demonstrates leadership competencies while in charge or acting as shift resource/team leader.
Education / Qualification Required:
• A Bachelor.
s Degree or Associates Degree/Diploma in Nursing from North America, Western Europe, Australia or New Zealand.
• Two (2) years of current nursing experience in acute hospital if holding Bachelor.
• Or Four (4) years current nursing experience in acute hospital if holding Associates Degree/Diploma.
• Experience must be in acute care hospital from North America, Western Europe, Australia or New Zealand.
• Current Registered Nurse Licensure from North America, Western Europe, Australia or New Zealand.
Job Duties and Responsibilities:
• Provides total patient care as assigned according to the core standards of patient care and established policies and evidence-based practices.
• Assumes accountability for assessing, planning, implementing and evaluating care as well as discharge planning for each patient.
• Contributes to decreasing the length of stay/waiting time as per unit specific goal. Works in collaboration with Case Management to achieve goals.
• Documents all relevant information correctly, appropriately, and in a timely manner.
• Reports equipment failures, safety and security issues, and/or reduction of supply inventory to Head Nurse or designee.
• Demonstrates collaborative multi-disciplinary partnerships working towards the achievements of constant improvement in quality patient care. Acts as an advocate for patients and families. Identifies ideas that will improve the quality of patient care and issues that will negatively affect patient care outcomes, using the professional practice framework.
• Promotes a safe environment and safe patient care by embracing a safety culture and identifying areas of risk to head nurse or designee. Complies with policies for personal and patient safety and for the prevention of healthcare associated infections.
• Contributes to the achievement of cost efficiency savings on unit. Maintains an awareness of resource utilization, exercising care in the ordering and use of staff, equipment, and materials.
• Contributes to the achievement of clinical quality outcome indicators and patient satisfaction. Leads unit based Performance Improvement activities as assigned.
• Participates in new staff/nursing student orientation aimed at developing competence and performance. Assists in maintaining a suitable learning environment and acts as a preceptor/mentor in the supervision and teaching of nursing students and new staff to develop their competence.
• Demonstrates transcultural principles in nursing practice.
• Contributes to special projects/assignments linked to nursing strategic priorities and professional practice model as assigned.
• Assists in promoting and sharing knowledge via mentorship in line with relevant research and evidence based practice.
• Follows all Hospital related policies and procedures.
• Participates in self and other.
s education, training and development, as applicable.
• Performs other related duties as assigned.
As you are probably aware, moving to the Middle East is a lengthy process, and during the course of your application we will be working closely with you and will get to learn a lot about yourself and your family! For the next little while, you will be working with one or more of our team members until you have arrived on site to start your new job in the Middle East.