• Bachelor’s degree in Engineering or related field from a western university plus minimum 20 years post-graduate professional experience.
• Western registration as a Professional Engineer (PE) or Chartered Engineer (CEng) is required.
• The ability to communicate effectively in English is essential.
• Specific technical requirements are:
1. Experience in preparing hydraulic calculations, computer modeling of water-cooling networks including thermal analysis is essential, with supporting experience in wastewater and irrigation systems, water demand analysis, and water system planning for existing and proposed developed areas.
2. Experience with water demand analysis, water tank storage requirements and AWWA guidance and recommendations.
3. Must have minimum 7 years of proven experience in the design of major water system improvements employing large diameter pipes (> 1.5 meter), preparing hydraulic calculations and analysis, design of tanks and pump stations, tanks and reservations, evaluation of water systems, water treatment facilities conducting various water studies for cities or municipalities.
4. Proficient in water modeling, water calculations and modeling systems, topography, earth work modeling, local drainage design criteria design of major water facilities, Fire code for storage tank requirements and design of water tanks.
5. Experience in working with local municipality or water district in the design of major water facilities and systems.
6. Proficient in water system development, water modeling standard practices and procedures and the water system management. Knowledgeable in the preparation of the Capital Improvement Program based on continued development of a growing city. Experienced in civil engineering design water lines, tank and reservoirs, pump systems and new water facilities.
7. Experience in design and construction supervision of large diameter pipe systems, pump stations intake and discharge structures would be an advantage.
• Proficient with the following software MS Word, Excel AutoCAD, AutoCAD Civil 3D, WaterCAD/GEMS, EPANET, Kypipe or equivalent water modeling software.
• Experience of working with AutoCAD Revit. At a minimum, good working knowledge of working in a BIM Environment (strong BIM Experience would be an advantage).
Parsons is a digitally enabled solutions provider focused on the defense, security, and infrastructure markets. With nearly 75 years of experience, Parsons is uniquely qualified to deliver cyber/converged security, technology-based intellectual property, and other innovative services to federal, regional, and local government agencies, as well as to private industrial customers worldwide.