• Examining patients using X-rays and dental instruments to determine the type of dental prostheses required.
• Consulting with patients to discuss their dental concerns and medical histories.
• Taking impressions of patients.
jaws and teeth to determine the dimensions of the dental prostheses to be fabricated.
• Sending wax models of dental prostheses to the laboratory for fabrication.
• Fitting newly-fabricated dental prostheses in patients.
mouths and assessing whether adjustments are required.
• Performing teeth whitening procedures to treat extrinsic tooth discoloration.
• Using bonding procedures to repair cracks and chips, fill small gaps between the teeth, and alter the size of teeth.
• Collaborating with dental and healthcare specialists to develop suitable treatment plans for patients.
• Doctor of Dental Surgery (DDS) or Doctor of Medicine in Dentistry (DMD).
• Appropriate state licensure.
• Certified by the American Board of Prosthodontics.
• Proven experience working as a Prosthodontist.
• Sound knowledge of fixed and removable prosthodontics.
• Excellent analytical and problem-solving skills.
• Effective communication skills.
• Good hand-eye coordination.